Tuesday 27 October 2009

Luc Schuiten <3

Thinking about our "draw your land of illustration inspiration" brief, Schuiten just popped into my mind, I went to see his Vegetal City exhibition last year in brussels and it was PURE AWSOMENESS I loved it, after staying a while in there though you kind of get this uneasy feeling that there's no life but.. that's where the rest of my inspirations come in, Claude Ponti, Anthony Browne etc. Just been listing all the things I'd put in my "illustration eyesland" and I'm getting really excited about this project now :)

So I'm couldn't decide which Schuiten images to show, I love them all, and this was done super quick because I could spend hours searching for the ones I like most and I wouldn't be done.

Though there was this poster I kept seeing in some waiting room when I was small(er), I'm sure it was by him...







The last two aren't from his Vegetal City work (http://vegetalcity.net/) but he's done TONS of things so it's just a tiny preview. Wait no, the last one is from François Schuiten? I need to read more into this.
And I'll try to find that poster.

1 comment: