Friday 13 November 2009

Sign 2- Inspeyera Map

(bad picture, better one will come, I've also made the words stand out a bit more since)


The brief was to create a map of your land of inspiration using your "image kit" from your collection and summer project. It was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to put my "collection" in, since I'd done it wrong, but that was good, I always try way harder when I'm told I won't be able to make it.
So I used the hands, tree/leaves and doors from the summer project, and I put the eyes in as leaves.
The key says that the doors are briefs (open doors = open briefs, closed one = restricted brief, tiny one= very very restricted brief), the little curvy ladders in between are "paths to wisdom" and the eye-leaves are "top-class refined ideas" while the other leaves are vague ideas and slightly more defined ideas.
I was thinking of photosynthesis as the link from leaves to roots- seeing to drawing, and of course it involves the whole idea of growth, from seeing, exploring, drawing, and working.
I'm not very happy with how the watercolour pencil in-between leaves turned out in the end, feels like they kind of ruined it, and I wish I'd had time to make the hands actually draw things (which was the original idea). I'm quite happy with the idea and message though, and I hope I'll be able to re-work it properly sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment