Saturday 14 November 2009

Sign 3- The Small-Tooth Dog

I did not want to put these on the blog, but apparently we have to put every project and reflect on them, I hope they don't put you off.








For this brief we had to pick a fairy tale/folk story and illustrate it in 5 images, minimum size A4.


You can read the story on : http://www.surlalunefairytales.com/beautybeast/stories/smalldog.html (same website I got the Gustave Doré images from)


Evaluation... I guess the only good thing about these is the light in the first image. I wanted to try to change media- charcoal and pastels in addition to some ink and watercolour pencils.. try to make it a little less precise, I was told for the previous project that I was being too rational, but I'm really not happy with the result, I should have done a lot more visual research and done a few roughs before going straight into the "final" drawings, I didn't manage my time very well. I did try to include some of my "image kit" in there: the eyes in the background of the third image, and I meant for the girl to be the same one as in my summer project, but I re-read the story and thought she was too young so it wouldn't have worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment